Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Third Biennial Ocean Climate Summit
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 9:45 AM to 3:30 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
Please join us for the “Third Biennial Ocean Climate Summit: Strength Through Collaboration,” on February 20, 2013 from 9:45 am – 3:30 pm. The goal of the summit is to connect information, resources, and people across disciplines to collaboratively sustain North-central coast and ocean ecosystem health through fostering awareness, promoting action, and advocating climate smart conservation.
This year’s Ocean Climate Summit will provide a forum for resource managers, scientists, educators, and public relations specialists involved in climate change and ocean acidification efforts in the greater GFNMS region to:
- Recognize collaborative partnerships and successes in addressing climate change and ocean acidification impacts.
- Promote dialogue and share new information and tools across disciplines on climate change and ocean acidification.
- Discuss climate change and ocean acidification education and outreach efforts that inspire action within the community, and lead to new collaborations.
- Discuss local collaborations that provide resources for climate adaptation planning/ climate smart conservation.
- Build upon existing collaborations and forge new partnerships.
Deadline to register is February 13, 2013. Space is limited so please register soon! A poster session highlighting coastal climate change and ocean acidification projects will be offered during lunch. Please see “Poster Submission” for more details and to submit your poster.
Registration costs $6 per person and is open to all coastal colleagues throughout the region. On-site registration will be accepted on the day of the event by check or credit card.
Please note, the summit program will begin at 10:15 am and end at 3:30 pm to allow attendees to utilize the downtown PresidiGo shuttle that does not require a pass during this time (9:30 am – 4:00 pm). Please see “Directions” for more information on riding the free shuttle.
Visit the event website for more information.